Sessions, fees and grant funding
Fees, Funding and Additional Charges explained:
Two year old fees
A fee paying child who becomes 3 in the first half of term will be charged the 3 – 4 year rate of £5 per hour for the second half of term.
- begins in the term after a child becomes 2 (if criteria below is met)
- or in the term after a child becomes 3 (applies to all children)
- covers up to 15 hours (30 hours for eligible parents) of childcare per week.
* Consumable additional charges are optional. If opting out of snack then food of a similar nature may be provided by parents.
** Packed lunch is offered but parents currently choose to send their own
*** Outings and occasional special events will be charged at cost rate
A £50 deposit is required to secure a space. This will be returned once fees or funding have been received in a child's first term. A deposit is not required for children in receipt of Two Year Grant Funding.
For eligibility for funding above 15 hours see https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Grant funding can be used at more than one setting. At Barnabas we open for 38 weeks a year (term time) but funding can be used throughout the year at settings that operate all year round.
For advice on maximising free funding contact the Family Information Service on 0345 60 800 33
* Criteria for 2 year old funding
Families in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and earn no more than £16,190 annually.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Working Tax Credit 4 week run-on (the payment made when no longer qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Receives Disability Living Allowance
- Has a statement of special education needs (SEN) or
A child who has left care through:-
- Special Guardianship Order (SGO)
- Residence or Child Arrangements Order
- Child Protection (CP)
- Child in Need (CIN) plan (due to safeguarding)
- Is a Looked After Child (LAC)
For information about 2 year funding
- speak to a Barnabas member of staff
- contact the Family Information Service on 0345 60 800 33
We also offer Tax-Free Childcare please see the following link for more details: www.childcare.tax.service.gov.uk